Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Elli's Pink Dress

Here's a dress I made for Elli for church.

 

I love this dress! It didn't take long to make.
It's simple.
It's beautiful!


Here's the back. I even put a zipper in this one. Haven't done one of those since 2010.


The collar is made from white ribbon.
I gathered the middle, pinned to the neckline and sewed. 


Here's what I did basically. I took a pattern for a simple A-line dress. 

Look familiar? Yes, It's the same pattern from the gathered knit dress.
I don't know if it's resourceful or lazy but probably lazy that I use
the same pattern over and over until it basically falls apart. Anyway, take your pattern.

Cut out the front and back pieces. 
Cut out those same pieces again but cut like the picture below.

Do this to the front and back. This will make your zipper stronger 
and allow you to line your dress and not have to fold the neckline and armholes. 
Trust me, it's easier to just cut again and sew!
The pieces you should end up with

 Sew the lining just like you sewed your dress. Right sides together, sewing the sides and bodice tops together. Sew into your dress. Add a zipper. Embellish as you like!



Happy Girl in a Happy Dress!  

Thanks for reading!
Next post, I'll show you the matching skirt I made for sister Sophia




No comments:

Post a Comment